Sunday, April 12, 2015

What a crazy-different-bizarre-hilarious-spiritual week!

September 2, 2014

Hello All!
What a crazy-different-bizarre-hilarious-spiritual week!

Labor day was.... full of labor! It was a very successful day and we saw a lot of miracles. We also got to help a member with her garden which was exactly where we needed to be. Service with a smile can truly change peoples lives.

One of the highlights of my week started on Wednesday. There is a member in the branch named Lori and she hadn't gone out with the missionaries for over 10 years. She actually avoided them. In recent months and since I have been here things have changed. We needed her to help us with our Spanish investigator because she spoke it on her mission many years ago. She started coming with us and things escalated quickly. She helps us out so much and is always willing to give us anything we need. It's amazing the change within her! The missionary minded lady is coming out and it is so cool to see. She offered to help us translate our testimonies into Spanish this past Wednesday. I practiced and practiced and practiced for our appointment that Saturday. We showed Paco, our Spanish investigator, the Joseph Smith movie and afterword I got the opportunity to bare my testimony. I took Spanish in college so I knew how to pronounce most of it but as I started the spirit got SO incredibly strong. It was undeniable. Everyone felt it. It was one of the coolest moments of my life and Paco absolutely loved it. Up to this point he wasn't progressing to much but things have changed :)

We took Sister Bischoff to Urgent care on Saturday because she was in a lot of pain from her sickness. It's been really hard for her but I've tried to be as much help as I can. Prayer is real!
Sister Simmons is awesome.

I'm especially grateful for the priesthood this week. I read Elder Bowen of the Seventy's address to the PPM last year and it blew me away. Ever since I have been studying the Oath and Covenant of the Priesthood in Doctrine and Covenants 84 I cannot stop. It's essential for salvation and just because I don't hold the priesthood doesn't mean I don't need to understand it. I love the opportunities I have had to learn on my mission; both studying and applying. 
By the way, I love the new challenge to read Preach My Gospel. It's been so revealing thus far.  “And he that receiveth my Father receiveth my Father’s kingdom; therefore all that my Father hath shall be given unto him" D&C 84:38. We can receive all that the Father hath. President Eyring said it best when he said: "As you would expect, failing to claim such a blessing would bring tragic consequences."

I love this gospel and know that it's true. It's confirmed to me over and over again. I am grateful for this knowledge and the opportunity I have to share it.
Thank you everyone for loving me this week. I haven't received this many emails since I was a golden. Feeling the love and it feels oh so good.

Love,

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment