Sunday, April 12, 2015

Ko ni chiwa

March 30, 2015

Hello Everyone!

Life is good. I was extremely exhausted this week. Holy cow. It was a
great week though.
So you know how I was studying hope last week and the week before? I
gained a lot from that study and this week I put it to action( which
is the best part)! I was very full of hope that we were going to find
someone that was ready for the gospel... And guess what?! We found 7
new investigators. 7 wonderful people who are willing to grow their
faith in Jesus Christ. We are elated. But! There are so many more
people waiting to be found and taught the gospel.
Thanks for all the prayers by the way. I will tell you about one of
the investigators we found:

Our district leader doubled in and found a potential investigator
named Kristy. She had just lost someone and was open to a visit. We
stopped by 4 times and no one answered. The prompting came to stop by.
This particular night we had a thunderstorm and Kristy lives on the
sketchiest street in our area. My companion was super hesitant but she
always trusts the promptings I receive. She is pretty awesome. So we
went and Kristy's husband John answered the door. He was so open! He
told us about the hard time he is in and how he is searching. We set
up a time for this last Sunday. So we met with his family this Sunday
and it was wonderful. It is a family of 5  ( which I have been praying
for since I got here) and we have another appointment this weekend.
Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers.

We had mission leadership council on Friday in Broomall. Right before
the meeting started Sister Anderson ,the mission President's wife,
asked sister Barnum and I to sing the song we sang last Sunday, at the
beginning of this meeting... Not again! It was a little better this
time though. Until she asked us to sing at this coming zone
conference! I don't know what these people are thinking. Oh well, I do
what I'm told.

Funny story time: this did not happen to me but a relative of a member
in the ward. The setting is in Germany. Not sure which mission. They were really
focusing on handing out Book of Mormons. They would keep track how
many each missionary would hand out. This one new missionary was
handing out 10x as much as everyone else. So the mission president
called him in to see why he was so successful. He asked him what he
said. It turns out that every time he walked up to someone he would
reach the Book of Mormon out to them and say: take this Book of Mormon
or I will punch you in the face:)
The funny this is this missionary was Huge.

I'm so excited for general conference!!!! Some of our investigators
will be experiencing it for the first time :)

Another cool thing from this week. My 3rd area, Milford, PA. I got to
go and drop something off for those sisters. I got to see the
wonderful buildings and houses that I drive by everyday. I've been
able to go back to 3/5 areas so far. One of them I am in right now so
that doesn't really count.

Have a great week! Remember to actually follow the prophet not just listen to him.

Love,

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment