Sunday, April 12, 2015

Eye hath not seen

February 17, 2015

Everyone,

This week was awesome! It included the coldest day in the history of PA? I wore 3 pairs of gloves. 4 layers on bottom. 5 on top. 3 scarves. We
looked ridiculous.


That was this Sunday. However, I'm in the most amazing ward ever.
Bishop Christensen wanted to see how many people came to church and
then they would judge if they had the rest of the meetings. Everyone
came. The overflow was open too. Church was still amazing. I have
learned so much from my Sunday meetings here. Everyone is so converted
to the gospel!


One thing I learned in Relief Society is that when we focus our mind
and goals on becoming like the Savior the cloud of darkness, sorrow,
negativity, being overwhelmed, and hurt sinks far below our vision.  I
loved the imagery she used. I have definitely seen that on my mission.

We were supposed to go on exchanges on Wednesday with the sisters
serving in Tunkhannock, which is like 2 hours from us. We went up this
crazy snowy hill ( it was awesome) and were about halfway there when
they called and said one of them was sick...... I've never had an
exchange cancel! Luckily we had some training we had to prepare for
the next day and it turned out to be a blessing.
We went to Scranton (what? The electric city!) zone training. We
planned to do a role play and I was the missionary in the role play. I
was very nervous for some reason. Sometimes I care too much what other
people are thinking of me. But I prayed really hard that all of that
would melt away and I could just teach with the spirit. The meeting
started and our part came up. My prayer was answered! Everything
worked out perfectly! Plus that zone is amazing.

We are working with a sweet less active named Sister Clift. She opened
up a lot the first week I got here and her heart has been softening.
We committed her to start reading 1 verse a day. It has made all of e
difference. We are hoping to help her get to church soon.

Investigators are pretty sparse. Which is confusing because this is
the most missionary minded ward I have ever been in.

For Valentine's Day, the idea came to mind to do some thing special
for all the widows and single ladies in the ward. We made sugar
cookies and wrote little notes. I will never forget the expression on
some of their faces when they saw us and the treats. They were so
grateful. I love being a testimony of God's love for people. There is
truly nothing like it.

Sister Barnum is still awesome. I love her a lot. While we were
washing the car it was turning to ice.

I love this gospel. It's hard to tell you how much I really mean that
through words in an email. The church is truly Christs church. The
blessings are real and abundant.
This scripture pierced my heart. 1 Corinthians 2:9 “eye hath not seen,
nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things
which God hath prepared for them that love him."
You can't even --imagine-- what God has planned for those of us that
are obedient! That blows me away.

I love you all. Have the best week of your life!

Love,

Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment