Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cold. Cold. Cold.

December 12, 2015

It is so cold. 
It is a different kind of cold even than Rexburg. 
It seeps into your bones and it doesn't matter how many layers you are wearing. 

Things did not go as planned this week. So many of our appointments fell through. It was one of those hard growing weeks. But, of course, my faith is exceedingly strengthened because of this experience. My love and appreciation for Sister Wright has increased as well as my testimony of the Savior and his Atonement.

In other news:
This weekend, namely, Saturday and Sunday things got super amazing!  When of our transfer goals is to bring a new sister out with us every week. This week we had 3! One of the biggest miracles was when we set up an appointment on the phone with a former investigator. We kept having to move the time back for various reasons but it turned out the way it was supposed to. Halfway through the lesson the new caretaker walked in and sat out in the kitchen, listening in. We brought up the Book of Mormon and she asked, "Can I have one?"  She then asked what the difference was with our church. We started teaching the Restoration and she asked what we defined a prophet as. She said she wants to come to church and was reading the Book of Mormon we gave her during the lesson!! She is so interested and we suspect prepared as well. If the timing was any different we wouldn't have met her! Miracles abound when you are obedient! Just because of this and a few other miracles this week was totally worth it. 

Another highlight to the week! Our building is going under renovation for the next few months so we are moving our meetings down to Dover (45 minute drive). The ward council had a meeting down there after church this Sunday and it was right as the Dover ward ended. I got to see all my family again!! It was like coming home! There are so many wonderful people that I have met out here. I can't even begin to describe how much I care about them.

Today for P-day a Brother Lanier and his wife let us come over and shoot his bow and arrows. It brought me back to girls camp! ha. He also had one of those blow dart things. Apparently we are deadly Sister Missionaries. 

Our investigator Alex came to church again this Sunday. He had been exposed to a lot of anti- material which is unfortunate. We met with him just before church. He seemed way different and kind of shaky. He has never prayed before in his life and so we invited him to try it out. If he has questions he might as well ask the source of truth. We are excited to see how it goes. 

Despite hard times I truly love being a missionary. I was thinking a lot about being called of God. I received an answer to my prayer when I asked if going on a mission was the right thing to do. I can't deny my answer. Heavenly Father personally called me on a mission. That gives me so much strength to know that this is exactly where I am supposed to be. I know is the same with the different callings we receive in the church. He knows exactly what we and all his children need. 

I am so grateful for prayer. For the gospel. For all of you and the opportunity we have to serve God as we serve those around us. 

have an awesome week and PLEASE stay warm :)

Love,

Sister Zeller #4

No comments:

Post a Comment