Sunday, April 12, 2015

Full of Emotions!

March 2, 2015

Everyone,

I am so happy! I am so grateful I am a missionary. I love it. I can't imagine my life without it. I am working hard! I am definitely not a pro at being a missionary and I am far from perfect but I strive everyday to be better. I love getting out and doing things that are scary or uncomfortable because I know God sees my efforts. Like this past Saturday night it was cold beyond belief. We are desperately trying to find new investigators. After a dinner appointment we had  some time to either do a little more planning for next week or to go out and tract. The easier and more comfortable would be to finish planning. It's definitely a good thing to do. But I knew in my heart the best thing we could have been doing right then was to go knock on doors. My comp was not too excited but I knew it was the best thing we could do at that moment. I prayed so hard for a miracle, that someone would actually let us in. We shivered our way to the first door. This young mother answered the door and she was really nice. She said she had her own church and then something in her countenance changed and she said "do you want to come in and talk?". I am not exaggerating when I say that NEVER happens in this area. She let us in! Now she didn't say she wanted to be baptized  or anything but it truly was a miracle. I know Heavenly father blesses us for doing what we know is right even if it's hard. He totally loves me and heard my prayer!

I'm not going to lie it will definitely be good to see you and the family. of course i'm excited to actually relax and hold babies but I would not want to be anywhere else right now. I am going to use every single moment as a precious gift. 

This week flew by like every other one. Went on exchanges with a Sister who was born in New Zealand. She is so BOLD and very personable. I learned a lot from her. 
We got to do interviews with President Anderson on Thursday. He has put so much trust in me and that has been such a driving force to me throughout my mission. He is such a great man and really loves every missionary in this mission. 
We had a training for all the mission leaders on Friday. We each got a new iPad. They always leave a little time for testimonies. I got up and bore my testimony. It felt so good! I just can't keep to myself all the wonderful things I have learned. Then a few people later Sister Jolley got up and bore her testimony. She told the story of all the crazy hard things that happened to her on the plain ride to the mission and how she prayed so hard for a good trainer. Then she testified of how inspired it was that i was her trainer. Now, I don't mean to boast but we were both crying and it was one of those moments I will remember for a long time. Each of my 10 companions so far has been so inspired. 

I am all full of emotions this week. Grateful to my Father in Heaven for this opportunity to be a representative for his son Jesus Christ. How great is my calling!

Love, 
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment