Sunday, April 12, 2015

Finding!

March 16, 2015

Everyone,

This week was FULL of finding. I've never had an area where we tracted so much. We have practically been through all the people in the area book. The most effective thing at this point is to tract. Wow, I never thought I would say that. We have met some good people and we are finding a lot of potentials. 

On a particularly discouraging afternoon we saw a miracle. I was pretty down and then we talked to this guy walking his dog. He was so nice and open. He's from New York originally and he looks like rocky and has a great NY accent. It's awesome. His name is David. We invited him to the chili cook off the next day and he came! He actually came! The ward swarmed him! We gave him a chapel tour and  the members took it over ( it was a good thing though) and we barely said a word. Some other members volunteered to give him a ride to church and all this stuff.  he wanted to come to church but for some reason it didn't work out. We are going to follow up tonight. I just love this ward so much!!!

This week I was studying Enos in the Book of Mormon. I saw it in a different way than I ever have before! He talks about his father and the role he has been in his life. His dad has taught him well in the ways of the Lord. Enos wanted to know for himself and be forgiven. He showed forth his faith by praying all day and received a remission or forgiveness for his sins. I feel like that isn't that far away from my story. In fact it's very similar to many missionaries stories. I have been brought up by wonderful parents and had to find out for myself if this is true by acting on my faith. 

This week I also learned an interesting paradox: the mission is not about you yet it is all about YOU. 
It makes sense I promise. This scripture might make it clearer:

 Mark 8:35 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it."

When you lose (become deeply absorbed in) your life for those you serve, that's when you truly find who you are and who you want to be. 

As I have strived my best to give everything I have to helping those around me I have truly found myself. Everyday I receive revelation and understanding of principles that otherwise might take years to understand. I feel like a big fat sponge. Trying to absorb it all in. 

I love this work. Pray that we will find people! We sure are. 

Love,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment