Sunday, April 12, 2015

Family History... I am doing it!

December 12, 2014

Hello Everyone,
It sure was a crazy week.

First, the ZL asked us to train on Family History at Zone training. That took a lot of preparation because we didn't just talk about why it's important. We had to show them how to get people started and find some ancestors. So I had to learn it and I was able to use some of my ancestors (on dad's side) as example. It opened my eyes to how much there is to be done and in my spare time now I can do some research. I have already found a lot!

There was a huge announcement in the mission that went along with the Family History training and certification for the missionaries. We are now allowed to go to the Washington D.C temple once a month with any recent convert or returning member who is going for the first time to do their own names. WE FLIPPED OUT! I haven't been to the temple in over a year! This is so exciting! There are still a lot of restraints and rules that go along with it but it is very exciting.

Second, we went on two exchanges in a row: one down in Salisbury, MD and the other in Newark, DE. Well, I took the sisters I went on exchanges back to our area in Middletown. It was really cool to learn from them. One of the sisters spoke Spanish so we took her and a RM who spoke Spanish as well and went to find people. Spanish people are so nice!! Every single person we talked to we got their information and they were so open to meeting with us. That very very very rarely happens here on the East Coast.
Although since it was two exchanges in a row. we had to drive to Salisbury (2 hrs) exchange back. travel up to Newark right after (2 1/2 hrs) and then go back to our area (1/2 hr). Too much driving but it was all worth it.

third, Oh my goodness! I am an aunt! Wahoo! Life is good :)

No snow yet thank the heavens.

Today we went to Rehobeth beach outlets and bought my companion her going home dress. So weird that she is leaving. This transfer has been so crazy.

Love, Sister Zeller

At a lesson with a lovely less active in the ward. B Kels!
All the sisters in my Zone! The one with the short black hair is from Portland too! Apparently I asked her to sit by me in Relief society the one time she visited the Alder Creek YSA ward. haha crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment