Sunday, April 12, 2015

Craft Queen

September 15, 2014

Hello Everyone,

This week was one of many crafts! Oh boy. This week has been so incredibly busy. We have had absolutely no time to do anything because we have had so many appointments. I love being busy with my Father's business!

There has been a lot of miracles of course and a few in particular have to do with the Less Actives we are working with.
1. Sister Hilbert. We teach her and her non member mother almost every week. She has a lot of health problems that keep her from attending church but she is such a wonderful lady. She loves crafts! So we coordinated with the Relief Society President to have her do a craft for one of their activities. This activity took place on Saturday and it went so well! There was a fair amount of ladies there and you could tell Sister Hilbert felt so good and needed. She and her mom recently had some surgeries and we offered a priesthood blessing. Her mother said she would like one which was a huge step. 
Another miracle with Sister Hilbert was that same day we had an appointment with a man we met this past week and we had called every sister in the branch to come with us. We were desperate and asked Sister Hilbert if she would be willing to come out with us. She said yes! She came out all dressed up later that day and unfortunately the guy wasn't home. We had some backups to visit and none of them were home either. We were walking up the street to the car when Sister Adams (we were on an exchange with Milford East Sisters) started talking to this guy and offered him a picture. He was in a rush but we kept talking and Sister Hilbert chimed in on her own and shared her testimony! IT was so cool. 

2. Sister Adams(the Less Active) we saw at the community day event not too long ago. Up to that point she has been pretty hostile towards us for some reason. We would stop by and try to show her a video and she would just say no and close the door. When we saw her Sister Bischoff connected with her about crocheting. We got an appointment and brought all this crocheting stuff so she could teach us. My scarf is coming along great! It worked out very well and her heart softened a lot. Now we just have to get her to the church. 
I love missionary work!

Sister Bischoff is blooming here in Milford and I love her! Sister Simmons is an amazing missionary and very humble about it. My companions are the best. 

The mission Tour on Friday was amazing and we learned from Elder Wilford W. Anderson of the 2nd Quorom of the Seventy. I loved learning about Covenants and ordinances. I'm grateful to know where I am going and how to get there through covenants. There is so much I don't know and I can't wait to keep learning for the rest of my life. I was praying in preparation for the meeting to know what exact obedience really meant. I've never attended a meeting with a question in mind. I knew somehow someway it would get answered I just didn't know I would actually get to ask it! At the end of his teaching he left some time for questions. His answer about exact obedience was perfect. It helped me a lot because I want so badly to be obedient but obviously can't be perfect. He said we are obedient out of our love for God. When we  desire to serve him we are being obedient. We can't do everything perfectly but we can always try- and that is all he asks of us. There is so much more peace now that I understand a little more. 

I hit my 11 months mark tomorrow!

love yous,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment