Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pennsyltucky!

April 6, 2015

Everyone,

Happy Easter!!!!
How do you feel? I feel amazing! General conference was quite the
experience. I was hanging on to every word. We watched every session
at the church. All but one session was just missionaries there. It was
kind of cool. I can't wait to start studying the talks and using them.
They always transform the way I see life.

We had exchanges this week with the Tunkhannock sisters. We were way
up in the middle of no where. Many people from New York and Jersey
call it Pennsyltucky instead of Pennsylvania. After coming to this
area I understand why. The Susquehanna river ( where Joseph Smith was
Baptized and received the Priesthood) went right through the middle of
their area. It was pretty neat.

We had zone conference on Wednesday and those are always very
spiritual and so much fun! Most of the missionaries I had never seen
before. I got to bare my testimony at the end with some of the sisters
I came out with. I was surprised I didn't cry- just very calm and
grateful.

Yesterday was an amazing day! We started off the day by helping a
member out with a musical number for her sons baptism. A bunch of
families from the ward were there and we had some brunch. After we
went to another members who, every year, has the missionaries over for
a crepe party. I was so full... No more food for me please.

After conference we had the privilege of going over to a less actives
house. She is a single mother of a little girl and her non member
cousin was there too. It was so fun! Little Serenity could not wait to
have us over. She made us place cards and got our drinks. I love
little kids.

One of the most rewarding things to the week was
There is one less active sister in this ward that has made a lot of
progress these past 2 transfer. She has been baptized for 2 years. She
has not understood most of the gospel since she was baptized. Because
of her lack of testimony, hard heart, and a very serious wound she has
needed constant care from the ward ( both for physical and spiritual
needs). the ward is getting tired. She is very selective of who she
trusts and missionaries she likes and by some miracle she trust sister
Barnum and I. We have had to be very very bold and persistent in
helping her correct false doctrine and beliefs. It has been so
draining. But like I said this transfer something changed. Her heart
has finally opened. We started from the beginning to help her grasp
the basic truths. We have made it to prophets.
We have truly needed to be bold. Not because we are " supposed to" as
missionariesbut because understanding the doctrines of the gospel is
vital to her happiness and progression.
I dont have a hard time loving people. It comes naturally. But for her
I found it difficult at first. As we have worked with her my love has
grown immensely. She is changing every week.
We challenged her to think of a question she has and seek the answer
during conference. At first she said she wouldn't do it. Then she said
she is too tired to think of a question and focus. See what I mean?
But the spirit touched her heart. We thought of some questions she had
asked before. That night (Saturday) she called us up so excited " I
got an answer! I got my answer!". She had listened intently all
conference and actually received revelation. I love her. It was so
rewarding to hear the excitement in her voice. People can change.

The joys of missionary work can't accurately be described!
He lives! Because he lives we will never be alone.

Love,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment