Sunday, April 12, 2015

Happy New Year 2015!

January 5, 2015

Hello!!!

This week was another great one. The members here in Smyrna are wonderful. We had an investigator at church for the first time since I have been here. So many of the members walked right up and shook his hand. It was a great sight to see. 
The work is moving along. We are striving to be exactly and "instantly" obedient to the rules and the spirit. We have seen a lot of miracles. 
We found 7 new investigators this week! We started teaching a Spanish family. When we went to teach them the Restoration this Saturday the Grandma (abuela) Reina was the only really interested one (or so we thought). Her Grandson Edwin sat in and he is 12 or so. We figured he would meander off after a little but he stuck around and was more interested than Reina was! He especially was interested in Thomas S. Monson. He asked "Where does Thomas live?" and "Can Thomas baptize people?". It was so cute! I love how pure and innocent young people are. We have another appointment with them this Saturday. 
Sister Wright and I work wonderfully together. Never have I had a companion where we taught with such unity and simplicity. She is a great teacher and has a very strong testimony of this Gospel. I'm grateful for her example of obedience and organization. It was definitely and inspired that we are together.
We went on exchanges with the Newark 1st Sisters this week. Sister Eastmond came down to Middletown with me. She is a great missionary. 
I've started reading the New Testament. It has been such a spiritual experience for me so far. I read one scripture a long time ago but could not remember where it was. I finally found it when I started reading Matthew. It's in Matthew 5:46 "For if ye love‍ them which love you, what reward have ye?". There are so many people in this world and they are all our brothers and sisters. It is very easy to love those that love you. But the real reward comes from loving those that don't love you. I have definitely seen that on my mission. 

            Happy New Years to us! thanks to Meredith Christian!

 I had pizza for 5 meals this week......  #notcompletelymychoice #stilldeliciousthough

 We also trained in Wilmington Zone Conference about conversion. We committed the missionaries to really put their heart behind the commitment that we extend to others: Go to church, pray, and read. I did it this week and taking the Sacrament this Sunday was so refreshing and renewing.
We had a great New Years. One RM instead of taking us home took us to Wallgreens and got us a martinelli. It was awesome.
Love you and have a great week,
Sister Zeller



No comments:

Post a Comment