Sunday, April 12, 2015

The promised land of Nazareth

February 9, 2015

I've been called to labor in the Nazareth ward in Pennsylvania. It's
so good to be back in PA! I live in a tiny town called Bath. My new
companion is Sister Emily Barnum from Las Vegas. Jalex! What ward and
stake are you in there? She is adorable and we have had a marvellous
time together so far. She eats healthy! Wahoo! She is straight out
of.. The 50s. Hair curlers in the morning, long plaid skirts, even the
way she acts! She loves Jane Austin. Oh! And she loves knitting. Haha
she talks like someone in the relief society presidency of the church.
You know that voice they all have? Haha. I love her so much. Smooth
sailing!

I'm officially an old timer as far as sisters go. One sister asked me
when I came out and I said 2013.... Then I realised it was 2015....
She was like" woah! Your old!". Whatever, I don't think about it.

This ward is so missionary minded. Our calendar is packed. We taught
seminary on Thursday morning and I asked " how many of you want to go
on a mission?". Everyone raised their hand.
There were 30 of them!

There is a new rule In the mission that allows all missionaries to go
to the temple at most once a month. There are quite a few restrictions
though. We have a few people in the ward that are getting ready to
make those covenants. One restriction is it can only take 2 hours of
travel. Since we are up in the reading stake we get to go to the
Manhattan temple! What up NY!

We are meeting with an investigator named Kevin. He is having some
family trouble and is so humble. He wants to be baptized so bad but he
can't until April. He is awesome! I am so excited to continue working
with him.

Yes dad. I live in half of a house. The attic is huge, creepy, cold,
and kind of awesome. We have this tiny round table in our kitchen and
this gigantic microwave on top of it. Haha. It takes up 2/3 of the
table. We sit their and eat on the edge of the table and if our food
gets a little cold.. Boom! Mircowave is right next to you. Don't even
have to move. Haha I love being a missionary.

We have some great goals this week for finding. I wish my camera would
let me send some pictures but it won't this week for some reason.

MY VALENTINE
He is someone I have know since before my mission. He is around 6"4
with nice dark hair. Pretty good singer I guess you could say..

Any guess?


His name is Elvis :)
Stay tuned for pictures next week.

Love you all and I'm so grateful for the atonement! I can move past my
many weaknesses and be forgiven. I'm grateful for the agency Heavenly
Father has given us to choose for ourselves. He expects us to make
good decisions.

Love,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment