Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cough Drops and Nyquil

December 1, 2014

Hello everyone,

This week was great! Except for the part where I can barely talk because I am so sick :/ haha we taught gospel principles on Sunday and it was quite commical when I tried to chime in. Nevertheless, a less active in the ward attended and said it was the best lesson he's had in a long time, followed by the phrase "I have some repenting to do". It was awesome.

On Friday was the long awaited Mission Leadership Council. This is where all the leadership in the meeting gets together and has a council about different things in the mission that need to be discussed. It was so uplifting and amazing to see all the wonderful missionaries we have in the mission. The Church is in good hands with this generation. 

Happy Thanksgiving!! What a great day it was! We were able to drop by a lot of people and spread some thanksgiving cheer. In the morning we went to the gym then made breakfast pumpkin waffles with the lovely Sister Kemer. She has done so much for the missionaries. We went over to a members house named the Shayhans who live all the way in Maryland. They have 5 kids plus some other people they invited. There was so much food!! We got to play some board games like Curses and Scategories (brought back a lot of memories -> The kings unused crown!). 

This past Monday we had a lot going on and had no time to go grocery shopping. We were running low on food but never made it out to get some. However, the Lord always provides and the members were so generous this week.

This week in my studies of the book of Mormon I was in Alma where it talks about Helaman's army. It was so inspiring! Antipas and his army began their battle when the Lamanites stopped marching. Helaman asked the 2,000 stripling warriors if they should go in a fight and the response he got made him say :"That never had I seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites". He describes their enthusiasm by saying " Now they never had fought yet they did not fear death...yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them."
This passage really inspired me to have more faith in the people I teach, in the area I serve, and the members I work with. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the change it has wrought in me. I love it so much and it has brought me so close to my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that it is true!

I love you all and I cannot wait to be an aunt (hint hint to Jackson... I "cannot wait")

Love,
Sister Zeller

No comments:

Post a Comment