Monday, November 18, 2013

The mission life is the life for me (1 month!)‏

It's official! I finally feel like a real missionary. This week I have learned so much! Of course I will say that for every week of my mission.... hopefully. I can't believe it's already been a month since I left. What? I feel like I just got here yet I feel like I just left. Confusing, I know.
 
I just want to start off by saying I am in the best ward ever (besides Mt.Scott ward)! The members help us out so much and feed us almost every night. Of course, we could use more sisters to go teaching with us but that's in part our fault. As I continue to get to know everyone I grow to love them more and more. Sister Bennett and I decided to make cookies for all the ward leaders and thank you notes to everyone who either gave us rides or fed us. It helped us realize how much the ward was doing for us and hopefully it helped them to feel more appreciated. Then we asked for referrals :)

I am not here for me but I am here for my Heavenly Father and my brothers and sisters. Now that I have realized this I can truly show my love for both. I have learned countless lessons from Sister Bennett. She is a trusted daughter of God. Something she always tells me is that it is better to be trusted than to be loved. It's so true. That obedience to the rules helps both the members and God trust me more as a missionary. God loves everyone equally but he doesn't trust everyone. Same with the ward. I love them all so much and of course I want them to love me, too. I want them to remember me after I leave. But that's not what I am striving for. I want to uplift them and serve them. Sometimes it may seem cool to be disobedient and stay over at a members house for 2 hours. You may seem cooler to the members and it may make you seem fun to just play games at their house but this is not our time. I am here to do the Lord's work. Sister Bennett and I have seen so many blessings from that obedience. 

I was not exaggerating when I said my area was huge. We drove 100 miles the other day because we couldn't fine a ride from a member. 100 miles!! That's crazy!

Miracle! Yesterday we were striving really hard to be exactly obedient with the 1 hour dinner rule and 45 minute lesson rule. We did it the whole day. Our district leader Elder Evans promised us that if we did that we would find more investigators. I am very happy to say we got 5 new investigators last night. What what! We have a total amount of miles we can go so we had to split it for everyday. We can only got 37.4 miles a day. Yesterday we went exactly 37.4 miles. AMAZING BLESSINGS! Miracles are the best.

As a missionary You never know when your next meal will be so you just have to eat as much as you can. Sunday we had no dinner planned. We had no way in which to get dinner. However, the Lord watches over his missionaries. After an appointment with a family of investigators they invited us to stay for dinner. I have never been so stuffed in my life. They are an awesome Polish family and it was pretty awesome. 
 
I never realized that something distracting happens during the restoration lesson every time. Stupid Satan. 
 
Anywho! I hope everyone is having an awesome week so far. Keep on keepin on! Thanks for the prayers and may God bless you,

Much love, 
Sister Zeller (4)


No comments:

Post a Comment